[Openstack] Architecture Compute Beginner Question

Christos Grivas chgrivas7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 09:38:26 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have a fundamental question which, hopefully, someone here can answer.
I will ask by presenting a probably non-realistic example.

Lets say I have 10 compute nodes as separate physical machines  with 1 core
each. Without taking into account the ability to overload each core (the
famous 16:1) I would like to know:

*Can i use all the 10 cores to create a single instance that takes
advantage of the all the core pool?* Or the fact that each compute node has
its own hypervisor limits the core usage of each instance to one? Are the
whole resources abstracted and seen as one or not?

Thank you in advance.

B/R

Chris