[Openstack] is anyone using zeromq for RPC?

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat Sep 6 03:13:27 UTC 2014

> From: Doug Hellmann [doug at doughellmann.com]
>The zmq driver in oslo.messaging, used for internal communication
>between OpenStack services, has been without a maintainer for a
>significant period of time. It isn’t actively tested, and it isn’t
>clear whether or not it works. The Oslo team would like to drop
>support for it in Kilo, but before we do that we would like to find
>out if (a) anyone uses it and (b) if any of those people would like to
>contribute to maintaining it.

Why not just break it out into a separate repo? It would still be
loadable via stevedore. This would let people keep using it if they
desire (and, more importantly, maintain it externally) vs. the all-or-
nothing inclusion/exclusion decision.