[Openstack] Zabbix

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat Sep 6 03:03:53 UTC 2014

________________________________
From: Michael Mester (micmeste) [micmeste at cisco.com]
>Guys,
>Im curious on who is using Zabbix  to monitor their openstack deployment.  I know there is quite a bit of value to having the single pane of glass as well as the scripting and API capabilities.  I have quite a bit of experience using zabbix to monitor cloud environment.

Cool, I'd be keen to learn what the important things are you'd like to monitor?

For example, is it cpu/disk/network or is it time-to-provision a new instance? Is it "how many 50x error per hour" or "What is the grouping of these 50x errors?" How about popular flavors and image types? How about rogue tenants?

We're thinking in this space too and I'd like to understand your use-cases.

Cheers
-Sandy