[Openstack] Swift And Friendly Name URLs

Brent Troge brenttroge2016 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:15:53 UTC 2014

Suppose I have a tenant with a name of 'Company1' and with a tentant ID of
1234567.

Are there any readily available middleware extentions which can take the
'Company1' as the tentant identifier in the URL and map it accordingly.

My containers would all be globally readable, and I would only need this
mapping to take place on the HTTP GET from the world.

So  my end users would use this URL.

http://www.domain.com/company1/container/object-path/

The middleware I suppose would then have to map the above to the below:

http://www.domain.com/V1/AUTH_1234567/container/object-path/

Please advise

Thanks!