[Openstack] Heat template works in command line but fails at dashboard

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 10:07:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 05:13:19PM +0800, ZHOU TAO A wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I tried with your suggestion and it works.
> I am just curious about  what's the difference between launching from
> dashboard and launching from dashboard.
> If my template is wrong, why it works in CLI?

I'm not sure to be honest.

My best guess is that when launching from the dashboard, the default is
extracted from the template and passed as a parameter in the request to
heat, whereas unless you're explicitly passing the parameter to your CLI
call, it is not.

So probably we're handling the parameter validation in a different way to
the validation of the template default.  Possibly there's a bug there as
strictly speaking your template should've failed validation in both cases.

Steve