[Openstack] Heat template works in command line but fails at dashboard

ZHOU TAO A tao.a.zhou at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Sep 3 02:23:34 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I can launch a template from CLI by running 'heat stack-create -f
mytemplate.yaml', but I cannot launch it from dashboard because it get
the wrong security group.

I have a security group parameter defined like this:

   my_security_group:
     type: comma_delimited_list
     label: 'Node ddddd Security Group(s)'
     default:
       - default

Then  I used get_param to get this parameter
       security_groups:
         get_param: my_security_group

When launched from dashboard, the value of security_groups becomes
'[u'default']', which is suppose to be 'default'.
Anyone ever had same issue like this?

Thanks

Tao