[Openstack] heat problem with authorization on upgrade icehouse to juno

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 16:19:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 09:16:33PM -0400, Don Waterloo wrote:
>    On 20 October 2014 20:59, Don Waterloo <don.waterloo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      I'm sure this will turn out to be some config i didn't update, but...
>      After upgrade from icehouse to juno, ubuntu 14.04->14.10, I am getting:
>      Authorization failed. get_raw_token_from_identity_service
>      /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystoneclient/v3/client.py:254
>
>    Sorry to follow-up my own email, but the solution was a bit non-obvious
>    and I hope it helps someone else.
>    On the upgrade, somehow, my stack_user_domain_id changed. So after finding
>    out the ID of the new one, and placing in heat.conf, i'm good again.

It would be great to understand why that happened, as a domain ID changing
during upgrade sounds like a very-bad-thing that should never happen...

If you think it's something which could affect others rather than a glitch
in your upgrade procedure, it'd be great if you could share details and/or
raise a bug, thanks!

Steve