[Openstack] upgrading icehouse to juno: dhcp agent bindings

Don Waterloo don.waterloo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 19:30:00 UTC 2014

I'm not sure if this was because i did something wrong, or its a bug... but
in case you run into it...

On upgrade from icehouse to juno (ubuntu 14.04->14.10), i ran into an issue
w/ DHCP where I got an error out like:

agent['heartbeat_timestamp']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

from
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/db/agentschedulers_db.py",
line 82, in is_eligible_agent

the issue was I had a 'stale' agent in the table networkdhcpagentbindings.

I did a delete from  networkdhcpagentbindings;

and it came back.

This was mentioned in havan timeframe (
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2013-October/002195.html) so
maybe its not me.