[Openstack] OpenStack 2014.2 ("Juno") is released !

Ian Y. Choi ian at naimnetworks.com
Fri Oct 17 14:30:05 UTC 2014

Hello Matthew,

Matthew Treinish wrote at 10/17/2014 11:06 PM:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:05:53AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Ian Y. Choi wrote:
>>> I am not sure whom I need request to, but
>>> could you find or let me know opening a new 'stable/juno' branch for
>>> devstack on the github repository?
>>> (https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/branches)
>> That's a good question, I'll ask to the devstack people what were their
>> plans in this area.
>>
> Yes, there will be a stable/juno branch for devstack. However, there are some
> last minute things that need to be cleaned up before we cut the branch in
> devstack, but it should be pushed out soon.
>
> The thing to remember with these branches is that we can't cut them until after
> the release so there is always some delay between the release and when the
> stable devstack branches are pushed out.
>
> - Matt Treinish

Thank you for your kind explanation.

I just remember that when I read the "OpenStack 2014.1 (Icehouse 2014.1)
is released" accouncement on the mailing list,
I could see 'stable/icehouse' branch for DevStack at that time.

I am quite expecting 'juno/stable' branch for DevStack, but I can
happily wait that delay :)