[Openstack] [Nova] Seeking clarification of 'auth_uri' configuration key

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 14:13:00 UTC 2014

I'd like to resurrect the following thread from January:

(http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2014-January/004968.html)
> > > ...and to pile on, another aspect I don't think we got around to
> > > clarifying in the documentation - if auth_uri is set is setting of the
> > > various bits that define it still required, e.g. [1]:
> > >
> > > auth_host = controller
> > > auth_port = 35357
> > > auth_protocol = http
> > > auth_uri = http://controller:5000/v2.0
> > >
> > > (Yes I noticed that auth_port contradicts auth_uri, but that's the way it
> > > currently is in the guide :/)

Is auth_uri supposed to *replace* the various
auth_{host,port,protocol} components? In my experience it doesn't, but
based on my experience with other services it seems as if it should.

Is this a bug, or is this Working As Designed?

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/