[Openstack] [openstack][icehouse][neutron][floatingip][br-ex]

Chinasubbareddy M chinasubbareddy_m at persistent.co.in
Thu Oct 16 16:58:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

1.       I have successfully configured floating ips  in neutron and everything working fine , but as per the docs there should be int-br-ex and phy-br-int  veth pair should be created  between br-int and br-ex, but  that  is not created in my setup ,floating ip are working fine, Please suggest .

2.       Added one of my nic which has connected to trunk port of switch to br-ex , I would like create multiple external networks and use each one for them for different  tenants or if different tenants wants to create their own floating ip networks ,what is the solution?

Issues I am facing here are:

I . if I add multiple subnets to external network , how to create floating ip from specific subnet?

Ii . can I create multiple external networks with single L3 agent?

iii.  should I create virtual interfaces like eth2.23(23 is vlan)  and add them to br-ex for each vlan?

Correct me if  I am wrong in understanding  floating ip networks in neutron.

Here is my ovs-vsctl output:

ovs-vsctl show
f85c99e8-7423-42da-879e-8d4e3f79c7f2
    Bridge br-ex