[Openstack] Centos 7 root pasword

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:03:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 01:11:40PM +0530, Mridhul Pax wrote:
> >    Hi Friends,
> >    I have downloaded a centos 7 image from the following site and
created a
> >    glance image. Im able to provison a server via that image and the
server
> >    booted up fine. Any one know how to login to the server ?
> >    I tried combinations like root/centos , centos/centos but no luck
> >    I downloaded the QCOW2 image from the following link :
> >    http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/devel/

This being a CentOS question, you'd be better off asking for help on the
centos-devel mailing list. Anyways, there is no root and no password login
for CentOS cloud images. That's the case for most (CentOS, Fedora, Debian,
Ubuntu) community-built images which include the cloud-init package and
rely on a metadata service to provide a public SSH key for cloud-init to
fetch and inject into the instance. You need to create an SSH keypair in
OpenStack and specify the key name when launching an instance and then use
the private key to ssh to the instance, using user 'centos'.

...Juerg

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/new-in-virt-sysprep-set-root-and-user-passwords/