[Openstack] Messaging reliability/durability expectations

Aaron Knister aaron.knister at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:36:54 UTC 2014

Thanks Gordon, and Sandy.

With RabbitMQ if a message is silently dropped by the broker will a timeout
still occur/exception be raised because no reply/ack was received?

With the QPID driver the automatic ack()'s Sandy mentioned don't occur?
Will the sender eventually become aware that a message was lost? I'll take
a timeout over a silent message drop any day.

Thanks!

-Aaron