[Openstack] Name Resolution problem (ICEHOUSE)

Amit Anand mr_amitanand at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 16:59:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

So I have a DNS (or at least it seems to be only DNS) problem with the VM's I have created. I cannot resolve anything from within the VM's. I can ping outside by IP (ie, I can ping google,etc but only by IP) but cannot do a dig, curl, nslookup, etc by name. I have no clue why this is happening and Ive tried some of the solutions other have recommended at Ask Openstack but to no avail. I was hoping someone here maybe able to point me in the right direction. I have also posted the question at Ask, all the node stack details are here:

No internet access from VM - Ask OpenStack: Q&A Site for OpenStack Users and Developers

No internet access from VM - Ask OpenStack: Q&A Site for OpenStack Users and Developers
Hi all, So I cant seem to access the internet from my VMs. I can access the floating IPs from anywhere in our network and from all nodes now (controller/network/compute) just fine (but strangely I cannot access the private ips, the tenant network from any of the nodes?!) but cant ...
View on ask.openstack.org Preview by Yahoo

Thanks in advance for any help!

Amit