[Openstack] Energy/Kwapi metering using ceilometer in OpenStack Icehouse

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 13:08:25 UTC 2014

Le 10/10/2014 14:49, Vivek Varghese Cherian a écrit :

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Bruno Grazioli
> <bruno.graziol at gmail.com <mailto:bruno.graziol at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     To be honest this is very strange for me, this error seems to be
>     very broad and are many solution for it.
>     Having a quick look in the internet it seems that is related to
>     your pip package, which version of pip are you using?
>     Check out this link
>     <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21294997/pip-connection-failure-cannot-fetch-index-base-url-http-pypi-python-org-simpl>[1],
>     there may have the answer for your question.
>
>     BR,
>     Bruno.
>

> Hi,
>
> The pip version is as follows,
>
> root at ice14:~/kwapi# pip --version
> pip 1.5.4 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7)
> root at ice14:~/kwapi#

The answer is quite simple : the Kwapi version of pbr is really old and
Kwapi is not following the OpenStack requirements file [1]

So, I proposed a quick fix for updating pbr, the patch is there :
https://review.openstack.org/127218

If you want to try yourself, just clone the Kwapi repository and apply
this command at the Kwapi root :

git fetch https://review.openstack.org/stackforge/kwapi
refs/changes/18/127218/2 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

-Sylvain

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/global-requirements.txt