[Openstack] When to use the Development list (was Re: [openstack-dev] Glance on swift problem)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Oct 3 20:50:39 UTC 2014

On Fri 03 Oct 2014 12:40:24 PM PDT, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> Ok, I will remember that. But in fact this can be problem for developers

:) They're all problems for developers in the end and that's why the
distinctive aspect of the OpenStack-development list is to 'talk about
the future of OpenStack' (not 'talk to developers' in general).

> because for me this is bug in glance. I'm not sure for 100% but imho problem
> which I have is related to bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1360151

In this specific case, I think the conversation should stay on the
general list, and if it's agreed that this is a bug then it could become
a bug report or details added to the existing report for glance. The
Development mailing list would be the place where to discuss more widely
a solution to a bug (in case the conversation on Launchpad is not enough).

HTH
stef