[Openstack] Flood of compute node's auth.log messages

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Wed Oct 1 14:37:40 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 09:30 PM, Matej wrote:
> Since messages of this kind are not present on other compute nodes and
> those entries are filling my disk, I will be very grateful for any ideas
> on how to find the root of why are they shown.

You probably use different /etc/sudoers files. It is possible to disable
the logging there. For example to disable the logging for the user
neutron add the following line into your /etc/sudoers file:

Defaults:neutron !syslog

An other way is to isolate the messages by adding a new filter and
destination to your Syslog configuration file. Have a look at the
following article.

https://www.debian-administration.org/article/676/Isolating_sudo_messages_from_syslog

HTH, Christian.

--