[Openstack] Fwd: Flood of compute node's auth.log messages

Matej matej at tam.si
Wed Oct 1 11:19:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I have scp-ed all /etc/neutron and /etc/nova to
this node with no success.
I am starting to wonder why this table 22 exists on this problematic
compute node (there are no VMs on the system at the moment):
/usr/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf ovs-ofctl dump-flows
br-int table=22
NXST_FLOW reply (xid=0x4):
 cookie=0x0, duration=118.77s, table=22, n_packets=0, n_bytes=0,
idle_age=118, priority=0 actions=drop

When running exactly the same command on another (not-spammy auth.log
server):
/usr/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf ovs-ofctl dump-flows
br-int table=22
NXST_FLOW reply (xid=0x4):

I wonder why is this "duration" parameter increasing only on this
"problematic" node, while on all other nodes there is no "cookie....
duration ... table=22" line on the output of ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-int
table=22 command.

Any further ideas will be greatly appreciated :-)

TIA, Matej