[Openstack] Getting started with OpenStack

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 1 10:34:18 UTC 2014

On 09/30/2014 09:42 PM, Saloni Baweja wrote:
> I am an aspirant for OPW and did find projects like Wikimedia,
> Evergreen interesting and have bit more inclination towards OpenStack.
> But I have no idea about cloud storage, their working etc and am just
> a beginner. It would be great if I get guidance about how to start
> understanding what exactly OpenStack is. I did read about the
> components of OpenStack that have different code names. But this
> further confuses me of where to start from ? Should I be knowing about
> all the components ? How can I get acquainted with OpenStack and its
> components ( as a mere beginner ) so that I can start contributing
> towards this ?

Hey,

I guess the best way to learn openstack is to start using it. It is a
huge ecosystem, so it's very tough to be master of every component. I
would recommend deploy it on a single node VM using devstack, see how
things work and start playing with the component that interests you the
most. HTH.

--
Peeyush Gupta
gpeeyush at linux.vnet.ibm.com