[Openstack] Hypervisor Quota

JuanFra Rodriguez Cardoso juanfra.rodriguez.cardoso at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:44:36 UTC 2014

Hi all:

There exist nova options ('reserved_host_disk_mb' and
'reserved_host_memory_mb') which allow reserving disk and ram in
hypervisors (vCPU seems not be reservable). [1]

On the other hand, during compute scheduling process [2], weigthing
step sorts hypervisors according metrics configurable by operators.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/list-of-compute-config-options.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/section_compute-scheduler.html

Best,
---