[Openstack] Cannot launch instance: No valid host was found: Port failed to bind on host

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 26 15:31:02 UTC 2014

Hi Uwe,
this is how my config for the ovs agent looks like. This one is working
but some of the parameters might be duplicates to the default or not
even required. I still have to figure this out.
But at least it is working ;)

Compute Node:

[ovs]
enable_tunneling = True
tenant_network_type = gre
tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
tunnel_type = gre
local_ip = 192.168.1.190

[agent]
tunnel_types = gre
root_helper = sudo /usr/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf

[securitygroup]
firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

Nework Node:

[ml2]
tenant_network_types = gre
type_drivers = local,flat,vlan,gre,vxlan
mechanism_drivers = openvswitch,linuxbridge

[ml2_type_gre]
tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
[securitygroup]
firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

[database]
connection = mysql://root:XXX@127.0.0.1/neutron_ml2?charset=utf8

[ovs]
bridge_mappings = phys-ex:br-ext
tunnel_id_ranges = 1001:2000
tenant_network_type = gre
tunnel_type = gre
enable_tunneling = True
local_ip = 192.168.1.202

[agent]
tunnel_types = gre
root_helper =
sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf

--
Andreas
(irc: scheuran)