[Openstack] Sahara: No images available after registering UbuntuVanilla Image when launching cluster.‏

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 00:16:46 UTC 2014

On 11/24/2014 02:28 PM, Edward HUANG wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I'm setting up a local cloud environment on servers in my lab.
>    I installed OpenStack with devstack, and i install it with sahara.
>    Data processing appears in the dashboard, and i did add a
> ubuntu-vanilla qcow2 images according to
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/sahara/userdoc/vanilla_plugin.html.
> I download and register the Ubuntu-Vanilla-2.4.1.qcow2.
>    And I set two node template, one master node with namenode, oozie,
> resourcemaneger, nodemanager, historyserver.
>    One worker node template with datanode.
>    And I setup a cluster template with one master node and one worker node.
>    But when I try to launch to cluster, I cannot select images. In the
> slot where base image should be selected, it shows 'no images available'.
>    Does anyone have experience regarding to this? Am i missing something
> in my configuration?
>
> Thanks!
> Edward ZILONG HUANG
> MS at ECE department, Carnegie Mellon University
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/zilongh/

could you have missed the tagging step that's part of the image
registration?

sahara uses the tags to filter incompatible images. if you select the
vanilla 2.x plugin you'll only see images that are tagged w/ vanilla and
2.x.

the tagging step is error prone because you not only have to select
which tags you want to have on the image, but you also have to apply the
tags before clicking through to register the image.

best,

matt