[Openstack] While adding external bridge connection lost to the network node

Geo Varghese gvarghese at aqorn.com
Fri Nov 21 06:39:17 UTC 2014

Hi Team,

While adding external bridge connection lost to the network node from other
nodes. we couldn't ssh to network node after creating bridge.

If we do below steps of following link
http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt/content/neutron-ml2-network-node.html

3) Add the external bridge:

# ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex

4) Add a port to the external bridge that connects to the physical
external network interface:

Replace INTERFACE_NAME with the actual interface name. For example, eth2
or ens256.

# ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex INTERFACE_NAME

External connection to network node fails. Then we couldn't connect to
network node from other machines.

Any one faced this issue?

Please help us to fix this issue.

--