[Openstack] using UUID instead of instance name

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:02:21 UTC 2014

Hi,
    I am using icehouse with legacy network model ie nova-network  and in
this model instance name becomes DNS entry which was ok until tenants
started creating instance with same name and started complaining about DNS
issue.I am aware that in neutron it uses host-ip-address format and not
instance name as DNS entry.

1. Is there any way that  i can force instance name to be UUID as default?
[This is working if instance count is more than 1,it randomly generates an
instance name]
     i tried not to put any entry in instance-name but it asks for instance
name and without that it will not proceed,But this is not the case with
more than one instance count and is working as expected.

2. If above is not possible any way to use neutron DNS entry format with
nova-network

Thanks