[Openstack] (Juno) Neutron router-create 404 error

Amit Anand aanand at viimed.com
Tue Nov 18 21:08:26 UTC 2014

All,

So been following the Juno guide and now have arrived to the point where I
need to create the demo-router - but when I run the command this is what I
get:

[root at controller ~]# source demo-openrc.sh
[root at controller ~]# neutron router-create demo-router
Not Found (HTTP 404) (Request-ID: req-00fa2ff1-dfb6-4d28-976c-be0f3d500e64

There is not much more in --debug or logs than that error above. I have no
idea why this is happening. I DID notice one strange thing and maybe
somebody will be able to tell me whats wrong. I configured the controller
and network nodes per guide and to test, run neutron ext-list for
controller node when finished and neutron agent-list for both compute and
network nodes when they are finished. So the weird thing is, for the
network and compute node this is the output:

 neutron agent-list
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+----------+-------+----------------+---------------------------+
| id                                   | agent_type         | host     |
alive | admin_state_up | binary                    |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+----------+-------+----------------+---------------------------+
| 037f3155-4518-4e67-994f-6703bb860a78 | Metadata agent     | network  |
:-)   | True           | neutron-metadata-agent    |
| 3463361e-bf7a-4b01-afa8-9a4752992a17 | Open vSwitch agent | network  |
:-)   | True           | neutron-openvswitch-agent |
| 561e337e-cb7e-4c98-991a-3a08873464ad | Open vSwitch agent | compute1 |
:-)   | True           | neutron-openvswitch-agent |
| fd1100dd-470c-44ba-b017-3ccd08c3f8fe | DHCP agent         | network  |
:-)   | True           | neutron-dhcp-agent        |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+----------+-------+----------------+---------------------------+

But in the guide it shows neutron-l3-agent running as well! And for the
controller the output is:

[root at controller ~]# neutron ext-list
+-----------------------+--------------------------+
| alias                 | name                     |
+-----------------------+--------------------------+
| security-group        | security-group           |
| provider              | Provider Network         |
| binding               | Port Binding             |
| quotas                | Quota management support |
| agent                 | agent                    |
| dhcp_agent_scheduler  | DHCP Agent Scheduler     |
| external-net          | Neutron external network |
| multi-provider        | Multi Provider Network   |
| allowed-address-pairs | Allowed Address Pairs    |
| extra_dhcp_opt        | Neutron Extra DHCP opts  |
+-----------------------+--------------------------+

As you can see, there a few things missing that are in the Juno guide
example such as l3_agent_scheduler and ext-gw-mode and router among
others...Am I not turning them on somehow? I dont think I missed anything
as Ive done this twice already now and I dont think I can do all the
configuring again without going crazy :-) Appreciate any help!

neutron ext-list
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| alias                 | name                                          |
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| security-group        | security-group                                |
| l3_agent_scheduler    | L3 Agent Scheduler                            |
| ext-gw-mode           | Neutron L3 Configurable external gateway mode |
| binding               | Port Binding                                  |
| provider              | Provider Network                              |
| agent                 | agent                                         |
| quotas                | Quota management support                      |
| dhcp_agent_scheduler  | DHCP Agent Scheduler                          |
| l3-ha                 | HA Router extension                           |
| multi-provider        | Multi Provider Network                        |
| external-net          | Neutron external network                      |
| router                | Neutron L3 Router                             |
| allowed-address-pairs | Allowed Address Pairs                         |
| extraroute            | Neutron Extra Route                           |
| extra_dhcp_opt        | Neutron Extra DHCP opts                       |
| dvr                   | Distributed Virtual Router                    |