[Openstack] Query regarding Nova Compute Ceilometer readings

Vivek Varghese Cherian vivekcherian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 08:13:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have configured ceilometer on Juno running on Ubuntu 14.04.

I would like to know if the following Nova meters are supported
in Juno, as I cannot view them in the ceilometer meter-list.

The meters are as follows,

disk.device.read.requests.rate

disk.device.write.requests.rate

disk.device.read.bytes.rate

disk.device.write.bytes.rate

The complete meter list is available at
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html and I am
using this as the reference.

Currently I have the following snippet in my nova.conf for ceilometer
integration.

instance_usage_audit = True
instance_usage_audit_period = hour
notify_on_state_change = vm_and_task_state
notification_driver = nova.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
notification_driver = ceilometer.compute.nova_notifier

Is there any additional configuration that has to be done to obtain the
above meters ?

Regards,
--
Vivek Varghese Cherian