[Openstack] EMC VNX with QCOW2 disk images in cinder

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 19:14:54 UTC 2014

Hi,
    Is there any way to use EMC VNX with out using vnx direct driver.I want
to use qcow2 virtual disk and benefit from its thin provisioning and
snapshot capability rather than spending more money on features which is
already there in my hypervisor :-( .Is it possible?

Experience with vmware and EMC VNX
we currently export a LUN to vmware and vmdk images are created on that and
its snapshot feature work without any extra cost for snapshot license from
EMC(which is required for making it work with cinder)
Is it possible to achieve similar with cinder + EMC VNX

Thanks