[Openstack] Very low bandwidth between instances and routers with OVS, GRE on Debian Jessie (Icehouse)

Akilesh K akilesh1597 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:45:53 UTC 2014

Hi Alberto,
May I know the flavor and image you were using to do this test. TSO seems
to be a method that moves the process of tcp segmentation off to the nic
card.

I believe in OpenStack the nic is a tap interface that kvm attaches your
instance to and hence you have offloaded the task of segmenting to the host
cpu now ( I am only guessing, not sure).

I would like to know if this is the case and using a better flavor and
image would offer you better results without tinkering with the interface.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K