[Openstack] Glance timeout error

Brad Pokorny Brad_Pokorny at symantec.com
Thu Nov 6 18:17:22 UTC 2014

Varun,

A few things to look into to narrow down where the problem is:

- Can you ping the Ops-Controller hostname from the host you're running the glance command from?  If not, there may be a networking issue preventing communication with the host.
- On the Ops-Controller host, run "netstat -tunelp | grep 9292" to validate there's something listening on port 9292 (the glance-api should be listening on it).

  You should see something like this if glance-api is listening on the port:

# netstat -tunelp | grep 9292

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9292            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      161        9773        1012/python

- Check the glance-api log to see if there are any errors in it that indicate why it didn't come up properly.

I hope this helps.

Brad