[Openstack] Fail to launch instance due to "No valid host was found" ERROR

Danny Choi (dannchoi) dannchoi at cisco.com
Mon Nov 3 20:48:59 UTC 2014

Please check if Nova compute is running.  Bounce it if it¹s not.

ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$ nova-manage service list
Binary           Host                                 Zone
Status     State Updated_At
nova-conductor   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:31:05
nova-compute     trusty1                              nova
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:31:07
nova-cert        trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:31:12
nova-scheduler   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:31:10
nova-consoleauth trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:31:06

ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$ nova-manage service disable --host=trusty1
--service=nova-compute
Service nova-compute on host trusty1 disabled.

ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$ nova-manage service list
Binary           Host                                 Zone
Status     State Updated_At
nova-conductor   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:32:45
nova-compute     trusty1                              nova
disabled   :-)   2014-11-03 20:32:47
nova-cert        trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:32:52
nova-scheduler   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:32:50
nova-consoleauth trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:32:46

ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$ nova-manage service enable --host=trusty1
--service=nova-compute
Service nova-compute on host trusty1 enabled.

ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$ nova-manage service list
Binary           Host                                 Zone
Status     State Updated_At
nova-conductor   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:33:05
nova-compute     trusty1                              nova
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:33:09
nova-cert        trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:33:12
nova-scheduler   trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:33:10
nova-consoleauth trusty1                              internal
enabled    :-)   2014-11-03 20:33:06
ubuntu at trusty1:~/devstack$

Danny