[Openstack] Fwd: If an instance going down!

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Fri May 30 21:17:01 UTC 2014

I think what you want is nova evacuate which will migrate all instances on
a downed compute node to a new node. If you intend to preserve the disk of
the VMs during migration, you will need to have them configured on shared
storage. Here's the command info:

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/nova_cli_evacuate.html

Hope this helps.

-Erik