[Openstack] Trouble launching my first OpenStack image

Ben Tomasini ben.tomasini at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:47:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just finished installing OpenStack on Ubuntu 14.04 using the Devstack
script and tried to launch my first instance using a Centos 6.4 image which
I uploaded from here:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/hvm/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-Minimal-OpenStack.image.qcow2

The status of the instance alternated between scheduled(or ing) and
spawning.  In addition, the list of internal IP addresses assigned to the
instance started at 6 and grew to over 40.  The instance never started.
 When I tried to terminate it, I was unable as it was in an "error" state.

What steps should I take to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Ben