[Openstack] Network Architecture - Separate Layer 2 and Layer 3 - neutron/network node only l2

Benoit ML ben42ml at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:24:51 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I'm looking now in "multiple l3 agent".

Really, what we like, is : bare metal => layer 2 ; virtual machine => layer
3.
So network node works on layer 2 (external vlan and gre tunnel) and we have
virtual machine for layer 3 (IP, firewall, loadBalancer, ....).
At least I didn't see how openstack can deploy a tenant/project/full
featured plate-forme with layer 3 located on a VM ?

Robert, can you tell me more about new function ? and "not hard-wire" ?

Thank you.

Regards,

>>> http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php
>>> openstack