[Openstack] Legacy Application Run on top of OpenStack

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Thu May 29 18:39:19 UTC 2014

Hi Hossein,

You can get HA on OpenStack for things like storage just as you would in
your existing data center. Unless you are running some highly available or
fault tolerant hardware in your data center, I believe you will see
comparable reliability in an OpenStack cloud, at least with respect to
computing.

I am interpreting Jay's answer below to say that you can build additional
availability through scale-out paradigms but that may be inconsistent with
your desire to make no change to your applications.

If what you are looking for is a fault tolerant offering in the OpenStack
cloud, maybe you want to look at something like Stratus (I'm sure someone
from Stratus can respond and tell you more).

-amrith