[Openstack] Legacy Application Run on top of OpenStack

hossein zabolzadeh zabolzadeh at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:12:28 UTC 2014

Hi there.
I am baffling between Cloudstack and Openstack to select. My Datacenter has
more than 10 legacy application, which need to be run on top of the best
matched CMP(Cloud Management Platform). I am search a lot and I select
openStack and CloudStack at the end. But, I can not make a final decision
about these two CMPs. I don't want to make any change to my legacy
application codebase. So, my exact concern is: "How legacy applications can
be run on OpenStack without any HA and resiliancy problems?" As we know
cloud-ready applications are fully awared from underlying infrastucture,
but what about non-cloud-ready apps(Legacy Applications)?
CloudStack is DC virtualization cloud solution(Vcloud Like Cloud Solution)
that handle all of the HA and resiliancy in the infrastructure layer, but
the paradigm in openStack is infrastructure provisioning(AWS like cloud),
which the HA problems shoud be addressed in application layer.
So at general, how openStack support legacy applications to run without any
HA problems?
Thanks in advance.