[Openstack] Weird Network problem

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Wed May 28 22:46:45 UTC 2014

 Hi!

 I am performing a new installation of openstack-icehouse on a CentOS
 6.5 machine (all-in-one).

 I have configured a FlatDHCP nova network and I can start succesfully a
 cirrOS instance.
 Moreover, I can ping it (10.0.0.2) and I can ssh to it without any
 problems.

 The problem is that although I can resolve a hosts name (eg.
 www.google.com) from inside the instance I cannot ping it.
 It seems as if I cannot go outside my master host from inside that
 instance.

 The same thing happens if I provide a floating-ip to the instance. I
 can ping and ssh to the floating IP but if I ssh into the instance I
 cannot reach the "outside" world.

 Any ideas???

 Best,

 G.