[Openstack] Icehouse Neutron - Ubuntu 14.04 openvswitch [ovs] requirements on hosts

Ian Marshall ian at itlhosting.co.uk
Sat May 24 06:42:42 UTC 2014

HI

I am building my first openstack system, using Ubuntu 14.04 with Icehouse
and based on a combined controller/network node's and compute node's. I
have decided to use ML2 with ovs plugin and gre/vxlan.

My issue is what [if anything] of the ovs applications are required on the
hosts, there are neutron-ovs packages which are required in the Openstack
Ubuntu installation guide, but no details as to what standard ovs packages
are required on any of the host's.

Could someone provide the ovs host package requirements which need to be
installed before the neutron elements.

Regards
Ian