[Openstack] Unable to delete instances

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Thu May 22 15:24:14 UTC 2014

The state that you're in requires that you restart nova-compute on the
server that your VM is on. It will disappear from nova list after that. You
may need to reset the state to active first and then do the restart. I
can't quite remember. As to the actual deleting problem itself:

1) Have you put all of the new nova authentication stuff into your
neutron.conf? Neutron must now talk to Nova in a few cases
2) Did you remove the [upgrade_levels]/compute=icehouse-compat from your
nova.conf?

If both of these things are OK, are you seeing errors in your nova api or
compute logs when deleting?

-Erik