[Openstack] WebDAV support in Swift

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu May 22 14:26:51 UTC 2014

Off the top of my head, I don't know any middleware that supports this. If you do find or write one, I'd love for you to add it to http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/associated_projects.html.

I've long thought that WebDAV support would be cool[1]. Not that I've seen a lot of people demanding it, but it just sounds neat. On the one hand, it should be pretty simple since you "just" need to implement the PROPINFO and PROPFIND verbs (IIRC). On the other, it could get really tricky when you try to add auth to it. To start with, I'd suggest getting it working with no auth, then figure out what your WebDAV clients are doing with auth.

[1] as in, I blogged about it nearly four years ago http://programmerthoughts.com/openstack/features-i-would-like-to-see-in-swift/

--John