[Openstack] VMware VCDdriver without vCenter

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Tue May 20 09:10:32 UTC 2014

Hi,
It was discussed at the recent summit to deprecate the ESX driver. In Icehouse there was a deprecation warning added to the code - https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/vmwareapi/driver.py#L103
We need to discuss how we are going to do the migration path.
Please note that the VC driver only works if you have a vCenter (which interfaces with one or more ESX's).
Thanks
Gary