[Openstack] openstack - Ceilometer error - [root at compute1 ceilometer]# ceilometer meter-list Error communicating with http://controller:8777 [Errno 111] Connection refused

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Tue May 20 07:59:08 UTC 2014

> Hi All,
>
> Please find the error iam getting after finishing the ceilometer
> configuration in controller and compute.
>
> Error:
>
> [root at compute1 ceilometer]# ceilometer meter-list
> Error communicating with http://controller:8777 [Errno 111] Connection
> refused
>
> I have started all the services. I noticed 8777 port is not listening.
>
> Please gimme some advice.

Check if the ceilometer-api service is actually running on the expected
node.

e.g. on Fedora and derivatives with RPMs installed:

  $ sudo service openstack-ceilometer-api status

elsewhere:

  $ ps -fe | grep ceilometer-api

Also check your firewall rules to ensure that the ceilometer-api endpoint
(i.e. port 8777) is accessible from the host on which you run the client.

Cheers,
Eoghan