[Openstack] [neutron] GRE network with 5 nodes

Ruzicka, Marek marek.ruzicka at t-systems.sk
Wed May 14 09:45:54 UTC 2014

Hi,
We used to have similar issues with GRE and packet loss/latency in Grizzly. It was caused by wrong (low) MTU size settings on ‘GRE interfaces’. I believe 1546 is the lowest working value (it is part of the official docu these days, it was not back then) Ever since we moved to jumbo frames, all the troubles are gone.
Cheers,
Marek