[Openstack] [openstack-dev] [Neutron][Subnet] Unable to update external network subnet's gateway-ip
vishal2.agarwal at aricent.com
Wed May 7 09:26:49 UTC 2014
Putting it in the right forum. Please help.
From: Vishal2 Agarwal
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 12:28 PM
To: 'openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org'
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][Subnet] Unable to update external network subnet's gateway-ip
I am trying below scenario, please let me know the correctness of the scenario:-
1. Create one external network i.e. with router:external=True option.
2. Create one subnet under the above network with gateway-ip provided.
3. Create one router.
4. Issue command "neutron router-gateway-set <routerID-point3 above> <networkID-point1 above>"
5. Update the subnet in point2 above with new gateway IP i.e "neutron subnet-update <subnetID-point2> --gateway-ip <newIP>"
6. I can see success-full subnet updated response on cli.
7. For validating the changed gateway-ip I verified router namespace present on Network node by using command "ip netns exec <router-namespace-point3> route -n". But in the output the new gateway-ip is not updated it is still showing the old one.
Brief about my setup:-
1. It has one controller node, one Network node and 2 Compute nodes.
2. I am on Icehouse-GA.
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack