[Openstack] Questions related to API call : os-snapshots, os-volumes

Sekhar Vajjhala sekharv01 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:17:20 UTC 2014

Reposting my question from ask.openstack.org

I am working with Havana release and had some questions related to API call
for snapshots. I am going by
http://api.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html#ext-os-volume (which I
understand is the for the Icehouse not Havana release) . Here are my
questions

First, I obtained the list of Compute API v2 extension by doing the
following:

     HTTP GET  <url>/v2/tenant-id/extensions

Question 1: In the list of extensions returned in the HTTP response, I do
not see any entry with an alias

          alias: "os-snapshots"

Is this because there are currently no snapshots ?

Question 2: In the list of extensions in the HTTP response, I see an entry
with the following alias :

        alias : "os-assisted-volume-snapshots"

but os-assisted-volume-snapshots is not listed in
http://api.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html . So does this mean
this was supported in havana but deprecated, removed in Icehouse or
something else ?

Question 3: In the list of extensions in the HTTP response, I see an entry
with the following alias:os-assisted-volume-snapshots

       alias: "os-volumes"

This is documented in
http://api.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html#ext-os-volume .
However, when I attempt to retrieve this as follows:

     HTTP GET <url>/v1.1/tenant-id/os-volumes

then I get the following error in the HTTP response:

{"computeFault": {"message": "The server has either erred or is incapable
of performing the requested operation.", "code": 500}}

What does the above error mean ?

Sekhar Vajjhala