[Openstack] Challenges faced with Openstack keystone v3 API

Devendra Gupta dev29aug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:39:55 UTC 2014

Hi,
We have been doing analysis around keystone v3 api for authenticating with
openstack components in Havana release but while doing so we are facing
some issues with the authentication using keytone v3 API .

Below is the list of Components that we are using along with versions:-
*Compute : v2*
*Identity : v2.0 & v3*
*Network : v2*
*Image : v2*

Following are the concerns that we have :-

1. After getting authentication token using API */v3/auth/tokens *and
supplying userid, password along with project scope , when we try to hit
Compute's API
*  v2/58d73fe0ec9c44e7a2127bf8abd60dc2/os-networks* we are getting

*Internal server error occured : code 500.*
Moreover , even if we try to hit other components like Neutron we have
similar issues . However, when we hit the same API call with keystone v2.0
generated auth token we are able to get results as desired.

Since keystone is by default enabled to use v3 and v2.0 , the tokens
generated by v3 should be able to authenticate for othe components like
nova, neutron , glance which it is not happening as of now.

So is it a configuration issue or keystone v3 version is not yet supported
by other components.

2. Can there be a scenario where keystone will be setup with v3 only
instead of both v2.0 and v3.

Please provide inputs on the above.

Regards,
Devendra Gupta