[Openstack] Pip Error In Swift Installation (Swift All in One tutorial for a single node)

Ashish Dobhal dobhalashish772 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:56:29 UTC 2014

Hello sir;
After making the sudo pip install --upgrade I got the following error.

File "*/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/cmd.py", line 59, in __init__
    raise TypeError, "dist must be a Distribution instance"
TypeError: dist must be a Distribution instance*.

in the following step
*sudo python setup.py develop*

Note:I did the pip update before my swift installation.Should I do the
update just before the *sudo pip install -r swift/test-requirements.txt*_
 command.*