[Openstack] [Ceilometer] Host compute node metrics

lijian blacker1981 at 163.com
Fri Mar 28 02:25:11 UTC 2014

Hi Mukil,

I fix that bug at the last week, please refer to my fix patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81729/

Best Regards,
Li Jian

在 2014-03-28 01:23:41,"Mukil Kesavan" <weirdbluelights at gmail.com> 写道:

Hello,

I enabled host compute node metrics collection in Ceilometer by setting ‘compute_monitors = ComputeDriverCPUMonitor’ in my nova.conf. However, the meters related to compute node never show up when I do a meter-list.

I dug through the code and found out that nova-compute publishes the relevant host metrics on oslo as "compute.metrics.update" events but it is never picked up by the Ceilometer collector. I logged all incoming messages in ConsumerBase class consume() function and saw none of the messages from nova-compute.

Am I missing something here with regards to my logging or the status of the compute node metrics collection implementation in Ceilometer?

I'm using OpenStack 2014.1 (Icehouse) and Qpid for AMQP. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mukil