[Openstack] python-keystoneclient 0.7.0 (and 0.7.1) released to PyPi

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:22:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> python-keystoneclient 0.7.0 and 0.7.1 were both released in the past 24
> hours.
>
> v0.7.0 [1] contains a pair of critical fixes, one of which is security
> related. The highlights include:
>
> - Fixed a critical security vulnerability (OSSA 2014-007 [2]) as detailed
> in bug 1282865 [3] and patched in bug 1289074 [4]. Deploying
> keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token with memcached as the caching backend
> in an environment using an unpatched thread module (i.e. failing to call
> `eventlet.patcher.monkey_patch(thread=True)`) no longer results in
> authentication contexts being "confused" between simultaneous requests.
>
> - Fixed a race condition in keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token for PKI
> deployments resulting in spurious 401 Unauthorized responses being returned
> to end users (bug 1285833 [5]).
>
> - Fixed an issue that resulted in leaving hanging connections to keystone
> (bug 1282089)
>
> v0.7.1 [6] includes a workaround to allow the v3 Python library to work
> with deployments configured to advertise a v2.0-versioned identity endpoint
> in their service catalogs.
>
> Upgrading to the latest client is *strongly* recommended. As always, the
> latest client is available on PyPi [7].
>
> Thanks!

I just noticed that I numbered most of the links in the original footer
incorrectly, as there are two [2] links, resulting in the rest being off by
one.

The correct numbering as they correspond to the body:

[1] https://launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+milestone/0.7.0
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2014-March/006237.html
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1282865
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1289074