[Openstack] Cinder : Import volume from existing RBD image?

Thomas Bernard tbe at atolcd.com
Thu Mar 27 09:21:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I use a Havana infrastructure with CEPH storage (cinder & rbd) and when
i create new big volume this is very slow.
Openstack provision all the space on CEPH cluster this is very very
(very) slow.

There is a way to improve this?
I know this is possible to import glance image from existing rbd images
like this :
http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2013/05/07/use-existing-rbd-images-and-put-it-into-glance/

Sample : glance image-create --size 104857600000 --name new_img --store
rbd --disk-format raw --container-format bare --location rbd://my_volume

Can i make it the same with cinder?

Thanks in advance!

--Tom