[Openstack] Modify kvm cpu args?

Brenden Conte brenden.conte at witricity.com
Wed Mar 26 15:39:43 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm trying out a new openstack setup here on CentOS and utilizing kvm, but I'm running into an issue with windows 2008r2 instances are BSODing with a consistent error about clock interrupts not being received in a timely manger on a secondary processor.  One of the suggestions on the qemu list (https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/992067) was to supply the "+hv_relaxed " argument to the cpu list on the command line.

Is there a way to modify nova to supply that argument to all (or selected) instances?  I was able to find configuration options for setting the CPU type, but that was it.

Thanks for the help!